Established in 1992, the Delaware Municipal Clerks Association (DMCA)
meets four times a year, offering professional training and networking
for those who are charged with the duties of a municipal clerk
regardless of title.
The purpose of the DMCA is to promote professional development through continuing education and networking opportunities by:
- Promoting cooperation among clerks through the interchange or experiences and methods of conducting their offices, to the end that each may profit from the experiences of others;
- Cultivating and promoting a better understanding of the functions and responsibilities of the clerk;
- Gathering and disseminating information to improve the procedures and professional image of the clerk;
- Offering professional development opportunities for clerks; and
- Promoting periodic conferences or meetings of Municipal Clerks through the DMCA and IIMC for discussion of problems, and by research to find solutions for the same.