Upload new images. The image library for this site will open in a new window.
Upload new documents. The document library for this site will open in a new window.
Show web part zones on the page. Web parts can be added to display dynamic content such as calendars or photo galleries.
Choose between different arrangements of page sections. Page layouts can be changed even after content has been added.
Move this whole section down, swapping places with the section below it.
Check for and fix problems in the body text. Text pasted in from other sources may contain malformed HTML which the code cleaner will remove.
Accordion feature turned off, click to turn on.
Accordion featurd turned on, click to turn off.
Change the way the image is cropped for this page layout.
Cycle through size options for this image or video.
Align the media panel to the right/left in this section.
Open the image pane in this body section. Click in the image pane to select an image from the image library.
Open the video pane in this body section. Click in the video pane to embed a video. Click ? for step-by-step instructions.
Remove the image from the media panel. This does not delete the image from the library.
Remove the video from the media panel.
Isaac and Florence Budovich House, Wilmington, DE
Delaware recently had
two historic sites added to the National Register of Historic Places. The Center
for Historic Architecture & Design authored both nominations as part of a
Certified Local Government grant for New Castle County for 2019.
The Isaac and Florence Budovitch
House in Wilmington (upper left) was listed on January 30, 2020, under Criterion C for its
mid-twentieth century Contemporary architecture. Designed by Edgar Tafel, who
studied under renowned architect Frank Lloyd Wright as an original apprentice in Wrights Taliesin Fellowship, the dwelling exhibits distinctive
Prairie School/Wrightian influence and characteristics of organic architecture
espoused by Wright. Built in 1955-56 by Ernest DiSabatino & Sons, it has
been virtually unaltered in the more than 60 years since its construction and
maintains exceedingly high levels of integrity.
Move this whole section up, swapping places with the section above it.
Newark Union Church and Cemetery near Wilmington, DE
Newark Union Church and Cemetery in the Wilmington vicinity (lower left) was listed on
February 6, 2020. It is locally significant under Criteria A and C, as it
represents the early history of European settlement in northern Delaware, and
religious practices in Delawares Brandywine Hundred over the course of nearly
three centuries. It also embodies architectural traditions in the region during
the mid-nineteenth and early-twentieth centuries especially stone construction
and late Gothic Revival design. The site was originally a Quaker burial site
(c. 1688). By 1704 there was a log Quaker meeting house on the site. The
current stone building was built in 1845 as a non-denominational church for
Methodists, Presbyterians, and Episcopalians. By 1888 the Methodists took sole
possession of the building, and in 1906 it was remodeled to its current