How to Run Better Meetings
If you've ever been asked to run a discussion or struggled to sit through a "bad" meeting, CRP's facilitation training is for you! Whether it's been a textbook meeting-that-could-have-been-an-email, a conversation that spirals endlessly, or a lecture instead of a conversation, we've got you covered.
This training will provide you with the tools you need to effectively run (or assist in running) meetings that allow participants to feel heard while remaining on-track and productive. Our training design will cater to both novices and experienced facilitators with two training options.
Day 1: Facilitation 101
During Day 1, we'll answer the question "What is facilitation?" and cover some the basics of effective facilitation such as:
- The role and responsibilities of a facilitator
- Essential tools and skills for effective facilitation
- Strategies for managing groups and maximizing participation
- Tips for planning and preparing for a meeting
Day 2: Advanced Facilitation Skills
On Day 2, we'll build off the foundation of day 1 and dive into tips for the unique challenges of facilitating a public meeting, such as:
- Working with a client to plan and design a public meeting
- Identifying and engaging stakeholders
- Choosing meeting formats that align with the desired outcomes
- Managing dominating personalities, conflicts, and group dynamics
This training has been postponed. Please contact our staff if you are interested in participating in the future.
Subscribe to the Conflict Resolution Program's mailing list to receive updates on official dates and times for upcoming trainings. For more information about this training opportunity, contact Kathy Murphy.